NEW ANALYSIS REVEALS SOCIAL MEDIA GAP BETWEEN NATIONAL AND LOCAL NHS AND LOCAL HEALTHWATCH
A striking gap between those following key official national and local NHS Twitter accounts and those of local Healthwatch organisations is revealed today in new analysis from J B McCrea Ltd.
The analysis was presented at an event on March 19th 2015 for over 70 NHS Heads of Communication organised by the NHS Confederation.
The analysis was produced using a unique NHS social media data mining tool – “Find SoMeone in Health” -developed by J B McCrea Ltd and containing the details of over 500,000 Twitter accounts with the highest interest in the NHS and UK healthcare, including every Twitter follower of
- @healthwatche (national Healthwatch)
- all local Healthwatch Twitter accounts
- sample of local NHS Trust main Twitter accounts
The analysis reveals
- 60,000 people follow at least one local Healthwatch Twitter account – of these, 40,000 (75% ) DO NOT follow ANY of @NHS England, @dhgovuk, @CareQualityCommission, @HealthwatchE OR @NHSCitizen
- On average, less than 5% of people follow BOTH their local NHS Trust Twitter account AND their local Healthwatch Twitter account
- On average, 81% of local Healthwatch Twitter followers do not follow their local Trust
- On average, 94% of local Trust Twitter followers do not follow their local Healthwatch